Sunday, June 14, 2009

Breakfast is Served!

Photobucket

My morning routine has changed a bit lately...Dallas, my beloved oldest dog has arthritis that has gotten quite severe lately. He is on medication, though, but still requires more help from me than before.

Since he can't go on long walks anymore, I help him outside and we take a short stroll around the front yard. Then, I sit him down on his dog bed that I have brought outside and we enjoy the morning a bit together (weather permitting, of course!). I sip my coffee, he growls at my cats (Lola and Zane), we watch the ducks together -- it's all good!

Last weekend, I decided to have breakfast outside. Of course, Dallas wanted some, too, and I obliged. Unfortunately, the eggs aren't from the geese because they tend to upset my stomach (see earlier posts), but the chives are from my garden!

I love fresh chives mixed with my eggs and a bit of cream cheese! For every three eggs, use about 2 ounces of cream cheese and about 2 tablespoons of chopped chives. I usually allow the eggs to cook and set up a bit before adding in the cheese, but for creamier eggs, add the cheese as soon as you begin cooking the eggs. Add more chopped chives for garnish -- and a side of whatever you like.

Dallas liked the bacon, by the way!

18 comments:

  1. Problem not totally solved for posting photos! Whatever I did seemed to work as a temporary solution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy! I can't wait to have some farmfresh eggs from my very own chickens. I think by November everyone ought to be laying. Maybe you need a few chicks too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice breakfast .... !
    So picasa is giving you problem, I wish I could help.

    ~ bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, you visited my blog and left a comment,thank you. I also have swiss chard growing and may try the recipe using that to compare the result. Nice blog I enjoyed reading about your fowl and pets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you can spend some time with your doggie. These are precious moments. Scratch him behind the ear for me, please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that breakfast is good for me! Hmm... maybe I will do scrambled eggs for lunch... yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bacon is making my mouth water ! Glad you both enjoyed it !

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should really try these scrambled eggs with taragon! It is really good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, tarragon! I have some in my herb garden...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds wonderful, for both you and your pooch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have a similar problem with our oldest dog. She is 14 and it is too exhausting for her to take walks with the other two or to take her to the dog part. So we distract her when we take the other two out, since she can't hear very well anymore this is not usually hard. She is still very affectionate and her nose and tongue are in perfect working order.

    Les @ atidewatergardener.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It all sounds very gentle and pleasant.

    We too are having nearly all our meals out doors now - including breakfast.

    I don't like eggs much but you have made them sound tempting. It's the chives wot does it.

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  13. MMMM, bacon and eggs. I love it as wel (so does the chiots here).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks mouthwatering! I can't think of a greater luxury than breakfast outside.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds like the perfect breakfast for two! And kudos for taking such good care of your aging dog - I'm sure bacon is on his wishlist every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love nothing more than breakfast outside! Im going to post a photo of my breakfast next week on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That sounds like the perfect breakfast for two! And kudos for taking such good care of your aging dog - I'm sure bacon is on his wishlist every day :)


    gold charms
    Mixtapes

    ReplyDelete