Friday, June 26, 2009

Goose Games -- Revisited!

 
Posted by Picasa


If you didn't read yesterday's post, Silly Goose Games, read it first! Then, read this...

Here's a better view of the nests, minus the geese. Phoenix's perfect nest is on the right, and Sydney's heap is to the left. Yesterday, it's as if Phoe knew she was the topic of my posting. She fashioned her nest as huge as she could get it and was stealing the straw from around Sydney as Syd sat there, dumbfounded. I ran to get the camera to capture the shot, only to have the "change batteries" light come on...

This shot was taken this morning!

I've decided that I need to take the eggs today. The weather has turned and it's just too hot to leave them in there much longer. The girls will not be happy, as they have stopped laying until the winter...

7 comments:

  1. They sound like a really comical pair ! I bet there is never a dull moment with them around. Lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. Just like kids and dogs I guess - the grass seems greener on the other side. I wish I wish I lived somewhere that permitted fowl. Soon methinks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! Please report on what you end up doing with the eggs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, these eggs had to go in the trash. They sat on them for well over a week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't compost them because they would have been too stinky and that might have attracted night time predators to the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The goose eggs are large and tasty, how do you cook them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious! One of your geese cooperated to give you a fine example of a nest - egg and all! Beautiful photograph!

    ReplyDelete